Igor Robul wrote:

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:58:00AM -0500, DW wrote:
I then type:
# pilot-xfer -p /dev/cuaU0 -b backup

and I get:

  Listening to port: /dev/cuaU0
Please press teh HotSync button now....
Works fine for me with Palm TE2. You need press HotSync button and wait
a little.
Are you pressing "HotSync" before or after "pilot-xfer"?

If I do pilot-xfer first, then it fails because /dev/cuaU0 doesn't exist yet.

If I hit HotSync first, /dev/cuaU0 gets created, but then pilot-xfer tells me to hit HotSync, which I already did. pilot-xfer just sits there waiting for Hotsync (already running), then HotSync on my Palm eventually times out and /dev/cuaU0 gets destroyed.