On 28 Dec 2005, at 16:27, Dev Tugnait wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 16:21 +0000, eoghan wrote:
On 28 Dec 2005, at 15:50, maslan-freebsd wrote:

Type "uname -a" in console. If you have GENERIC kernel you don't have
atapicam in your kernel. You have generic if you didn't compile
your own
kernel. .
Regards

Yes I have compiled with generic kernel. I look into the doc page to
change t his...
I did try mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd1 /mnt
but it gave me:
mount_cd9660: /dev/acd1: Input/Output error
I assume that I need to config with atapicam for this to work?
Eoghan

Yepp, you can just add that option to the GENERIC kernel if you are new and are not comfortable configuring your kernel yet, just rebuild it and
reboot. Since user error comes easier method is to do cp GENERIC
MYCUSTOMKERNEL or whatever you wanna call it and add atapicam to that
and build it.

Read the handbook on building the kernel

Good Luck

Thanks for all the help,
I will do the rebuild as you suggest.
Eoghan