Hello,

I've been considering buying another hard drive for my FreeBSD machine, and building a RAID with my current hard drive so that both drives are treated as one.

Do any of you have experience in this area? Is this advisable? I'm assuming I'd be looking at creating a RAID-5? Can this be done without reformatting my current drive? Does this setup work well? Do you have any general advice for me? I need to know if there is risk involved here.

Thanks in advance!