On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Micah wrote:

Chris Hill wrote:

[snip]

The specific issues are with acroread7, flash and mplayer-plugin. All of these worked as plug-ins before the upgrade, but now none of them do.

[snip]

Search the list archives for "Flash Plugin in 6.0" and "Flash no longer displayed in Firefox".

Neither of those search terms yields any results, but you've given me another direction to look. I searched the archives yet again, this time on 'linuxpluginwrapper'. Found http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=751336+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-questions/20051120.freebsd-questions

...based on which, I did
# ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/

This fixed things partially. A visit to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/
shows that "regular" flash works, but not shockwave.

Still no luck with PDFs or mplayer-plugin.

Another result from my archive search was http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1310074+1313109+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-questions/20051120.freebsd-questions ...which revealed the existence of the WITH_PLUGINS make knob for linuxpluginwrapper, so I did
tripel# cd /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper
tripel# make deinstall
tripel# make -DWITH_PLUGINS reinstall

...which resulted in no change.

I'm at a loss regarding the mplayer-plugin stuff. As for Acrobat, I'd bet it has something to do with the disappearance of the path /usr/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin, but I don't know how that came to exist or why it no longer does.

It's an issue with the linuxpluginwrapper port, several methods to make it work are described in those recent threads.

Thank you for the pointer, especially for the speed of your post.

HTH,
Micah

It did, a little. Thank you.

But it's still vexing that all this stuff worked fine before, and that the upgrade seems to have broken it. I'm also curious why "about:plugins" shows, for example, mplayer-plugin installed for a wide variety of MIME-types, but trying to access online videos no longer starts mplayer-plugin as it did before the upgrade.

My meta-question remains: Is this documented, and if so, where?

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]