Gary Kline wrote:

        Folks,

        When I bought this bare-bones box and plugged in "stuff"
it took several days of figuring out what benchmark and other utilities to run to stress it. After a few weeks of pushing the load to 70+, the burning-in was a fair indicator that the HW would last. After 4+ years, no prob. Now I have a new box, custom built.
        Unfortunately, I've lost (or forgotten!) the same of the
        *.sh script and some of the utilities.  So what should I
        be running and with an example of args?  Last time I believe
there were 5 or 6 stressors. Also, what's the memory testor utility calld? I have a gig of DDR in this new puppy, and want to be sure that every last BIT is good.

        Help much appreciated!

        gary
There is Peter Holm's kernel stress test suite written to stress the hell out of FreeBSD
http://www.holm.cc/stress/
As far as I know there are still some outstanding panics in FreeBSD it can trigger.
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/todo.html

Other then that theres just plenty of stuff in the benchmarks dir of the ports tree.

Mike