On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

I wish it were possible to just ship mplayer with the default
skin only, and leave the others in the mplayer-skins port; I
always have problems with this port and I never use anything
but the default.  But that's another issue.

Not the answer to your main question but I noticed this in mplayer's Makefile the other day:

# WITHOUT_SKINS
# default: undefined
# removes the run dependency on the mplayer-skins port, _even if_ built with
# GUI. This is useful e.g. if you don't want the skins installed system-wide.
# Please note that 'gmplayer' *must* have at least one default skin to run.

I guess it could go in /etc/make.conf if it's what you want.

Chris