On 1/6/06, Michael Landin Hostbaek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Look alright.
> After adding the line to /etc/exports - mountd(8) needs to re-read the
> file. So do:
>
> # kill -s HUP `cat /var/run/mountd.pid`
>
> You can also use 'showmount -e' to see the configured exports list.

Hmm. I restarted nfsd, but apparently that wasn't enough.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ showmount -e
Exports list on localhost:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ sudo kill -s HUP `cat /var/run/mountd.pid`
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ showmount -e
Exports list on localhost:
/usr/local/www                     192.168.1.0

Now it shows up. Lets try the client.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ sudo mount /mnt/kangawww
Password:

Aha. That worked.

Thanks muchly.

Mike