Subject: Need Assistance Upgrading Ethereal-0.10.13_3 to 0.10.14
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:52:21 -0500
From: Robert H. Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

FreeBSD sphinx.my.domain 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0:

Ran into the following error while running portupgrade on ethereal:

==> applying extra patch
/usr/ports/net/ethereal/files/extra-patch-capture_loop.c
***Error code 1

Stop in usr/ports/net/ethereal.
Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade43330.26 make
** Fix the problem and try again.

The recommendation "Fix the problem and try again."
seems relatively straightforward, however...
Is this an error I should know how to easily fix?  Please advise.

Thnx

Just want to report that the error noted above did not re-occur during
this week's upgrade.  Have no idea how, or why.

Nagilum,
Thanks for the explanation. If I come across another message like this, I'll know to use a little patience as my first step.

Bob