Running an up-to-date 6.0-STABLE with xorg-6.8.2. System is a dual Dell PIII with a PCI Matrox G450 to a single DVI flat panel on screen one. No second monitor. mga_hal port installed.

It all works a treat until I switch from X back to the console with SHIFT-ALT-F1. This give me a blank screen with a monitor driven pop-up showing "Invalid refresh rate". If I then ALT-F7 to switch back to X the display returns normally.

Any idea how I can get a clean switch from X to the console please?

For logs see:

  <http://www.knigma.org.uk/scratch/090105.txt>

Disabling ACPI (on a hunch from Google) didn't make any difference.

Cheers,
--
Mark A. R. Knight                               finger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +44 7973 410732                            http://www.knigma.org/