Hi,

For one week, I have the responsability to administrate a LAN in a society where there's at least 5 swithes and 1 hub connected together in chain. I heard that plugging too many hubs or swithes in chain can cause network stability problems.

Is that right, and what can I do. I have been adviced to put a bridge station between twoo switches in the chain, but I didn't succeeded in configuring the twoo interfaces (twoo RTL 8139 cards) on the same network adress (for exemple 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 cards in the same box...) and making a bridge. I compiled my kernel with the BRIDGE option, and I put sysct.net.link.bridge_cfg=rl0:0,rl1:0 in sysctl.conf.

Im I on the rigt way, and if not so on, what ca I do ?

Thanks a lot !