At 2:50 PM -0600 1/16/06, Jason King wrote:
My maillog and daillog files have stopped rotating everyday
like they use to. I have 2 FBSD machines that have stopped
these files from rotating as of Dec 15th. I have no idea what
could have caused two different machines to have the same
thing happen to them. The entry in my newsyslog.conf file is
correct. There is no reason these files shouldn't be rotating
daily like before. Anyone have any ideas on what to look for?

Check timestamps on the various files.  perhaps some kind of
timewarp happened.

Check to make sure newsyslog is still being run from cron.
(do you have other files which are rotating, but just those
two are not rotating?)

Run:    newsyslog -vv
and see if it tells you anything interesting.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer               or   [EMAIL PROTECTED]