Marc G. Fournier wrote:

As the subject asks, is there an equivalent? I'm trying to install linux apache2 on a FreeBSD box, and would like have rpm do as much as possible as far as getting the dependencies and downloading them ...

baring this, is there a better tool to use then rpm?

thanks ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

look at the end of rpm man page, there is a section INSTALL AND UPGRADE OPTIONS. Concerning other tools, the poor experience I have with RH showed me that rpm is a great tool. Maybe you may try yum, which, iirc, is a GUI for rpm.

Cheers,

--
Gregory