Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes, "the directories named on the command line" within the CURRENT
> directory. Technically, "." and ".." are entries within the current
> directory (try: "od -c ."), and they have inode numbers too. But that does
> not deter me from deeming it a bit counter-intuitive to consider ".." a
> directory of the current directory. :) Especially in the context of
> recursion.

The manpage explicitly mentions neither directories or recursion, so
I think it doesn't deserve that criticism.

But the manpage surely could be made more clear.  Feel free to propose
something to the Problem Reporting system, preferably with a patch or at
least some replacement text.

http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html