On Jan 15, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

As of Nov 30th, 2005, the following URL:

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm

Shows, in fact, that Chinese is "the /de facto/ /lingua Terra/", sorry to say

All depends on how you define it. Almost anyone in the world, when traveling in the world and in a place where they don't speak the native language, will try English... Kind of defeats your statement in many ways

Chad

... English is the /de facto/ /lingua Internet/ though ...

Mandarin and Spanish are the top two languages ... Mandarin by a *very* large margin, Spanish by a close one ...