On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 11:11:22AM -0800, Justin Meyer wrote:

> Has anyone else encountered this issue? Does anyone have any
> suggestions as to how I might resolve it?

I have similar problems with imagick and also with xslt. These two
modules make php segfault e.g. when installing pear-ports. The problem
seems to exist only on machines with ldap-setup (nss_ldap, pam_ldap). Do
you run your machine with nss_ldap?

I know of two other users who reported similar problems, both with
nss_ldap.

Solutions? I have mailed the php-maintainer about the problem but got no
response. I don't think it would help to additionally make a PR, so for
me there are 2 possible ways to solve this:

1) don't use imagick or xslt
2) don't use FreeBSD for PHP-development

Uwe