Quoting Don Hinton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Peter:

On Sunday 22 January 2006 10:43, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
On 6.0-STABLE, after doing a portupgrade of KDE and xorg according to
UPDATING, I cannot start X as non-root. I've cleared /tmp, removed old
files in home directory created by to KDE and xorg but problem persists.

I'm currently out of ideas and would really appriciate a hint, thanks.

I ran into this the other day.  I can't remember all the steps I took, most
were probably unneccesary anyway, but I think the key was forcefully
rebuilding/reinstalling kdebase.  Try portupgrade -fN kdebase and see if that
works for you.  I ended up rebuilding practically everything, but that
shouldn't be necessary.

hth...
don

I already rebuilt kdelibs but will try your advice anyway, thanks.