Hello,

I've been trying to create a tunnel/bridge between two networks which both reside behind a FreeBSD router using NAT. I've achieved it using the handbook example in chapter 14.10. Clients on network A are able to ping clients on network B and clients on network A are able to map samba shares on the NAT box/gateway of network B. The example however uses two different subnets to route traffic between both networks. Unfortunately broadcasts will not travel through the tunnel which causes Apple's bonjour (called rendezvous earlier) not being able to discover clients on the other network.

What I want to achieve is what I believe a bridge between both networks. The entire network A should be on the same subnet as network B:

network A
range 192.168.100.100 - 192.168.100.199 / 255.255.255.0

FreeBSD gateway A
en1: IP: 192.168.100.101 / 255.255.255.0
en0: public IP: 25.25.25.1

Internet

FreeBSD gateway B
en0: public IP: 25.25.25.2
en1: IP: 192.168.100.1 / 255.255.255.0

Network B
range 192.168.100.1 - 192.168.100.99 / 255.255.255.0

Using the example from the handbook there was no additional configuration necessary on the clients on both networks, the FreeBSD gateways handled all the necessary routing. It would be great if this new setup should also not require any additional settings on the clients aswell.

Can anyone give me an example or the necessary steps to create this kind of VPN?

Cheers,
 Bob.