# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-12-21 00:25:34 -0500:
> I am building a custom kernel so I can use my sound card.
> I am building it the ``traditional'' way. And when I type
> the second make comand It ends with the fallowing:
>
>  -include opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
> vers.c
> linking kernel
> umass.o: In function `umass_cam_attach_sim':
> umass.o(.text+0x137f): undefined reference to `cam_simq_alloc'

    you broke a dependency. go back to building GENERIC, if that
    succeeds, add just *one* feature, including it's dependencies if any
    (recursively), and build again.

    as a general advice: read the comments carefully. if a comment next
    to an "option" of "device" foo says it requires bar, it's not a
    joke.