Jörg Meyer wrote:
> Thanks a lot. But as I understand your script it would only
> for the mupad package. That's great, but I am interested
> in a more general solution.
>
> pkg_add is really an impressive command, but why isn't there any
> way (as it seems) to tell it not onley to extract the package it
> is fetching but also to make a local them?
> I cannot understand that!
>
> If you want to install FreeBSD with a common set of applications
> on several computers how would you do that efficiently when
> getting the corresponding package set is so difficult?
>
> Thanks again for any good ideas concerning this problem.
>
> Yours, Joerg.
>
> Am 21.12.02 11:28:35, schrieb Jens Rehsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

>>Jörg Meyer wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I've been experimenting with FreeBSD since the day
>>>day before yesterday. Coming from the MS-world I am very
>>>impressed already.
>>>
>>>I installed the system from a CD created from the Mini-Iso-Image.
>>>Installing packages with pkg_add -r I would like to have local
>>>copies of the downloaded tarball in order to create an adapted
>>>CD with the packages I really need (just for the case of a new-
>>>or re-installation).
>>>Of course, all the depending package-tarballs should be download
>>>as well - otherwise I could also ftp them manually.
>>>Furthermore it would be really nice if the directory structure of
>>>the FTP-Server was duplicated locally as well.
>>>
>>>I know (from experimenting) that make package within the ports collection
>>>can archieve something similar (packages are created under /usr/ports/packages
>>>if existent). But following this strategy in my opinion has 3 major disadvantages:
>>>1) Compiling packages like XFree86-4 takes quite a long time on my machnine.
>>
>>Solution a) Buy a faster machine. Compile takes it's time
>>Solution b) Do not compile but download
>>Solution c) Wait
>>Solution d) reduce your optimization level
>>

>>>2) It is impossible to create a package without installing it.
>>>In case of the package is installed already make returns an error
>>>telling me to deinstall the package first.
>>
>>less /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
>>-------- SNIPP
>># Default targets and their behaviors:
>>#
>># fetch - Retrieves ${DISTFILES} (and ${PATCHFILES} if
>>defined)
>># into ${DISTDIR} as necessary.
>># fetch-list - Show list of files that would be retrieved by fetch.
>># fetch-recursive - Retrieves ${DISTFILES} (and ${PATCHFILES} if defined),
>># for port and dependencies into
>>${DISTDIR} as necessary.
>># fetch-recursive-list - Show list of files that would be retrieved by
>># fetch-recursive.
>># extract - Unpacks ${DISTFILES} into ${WRKDIR}.
>># patch - Apply any provided patches to the source.
>># configure - Runs either GNU configure, one or more local
>>configure
> [...]

Hi Jörg,

1st: please avoid top posting. In our culture it's usual to read from
top to bottom and not otherwise, isn't it?

2nd: for your more general solution I recommend to RTFM. To your
information: $0 is the name of invoked script, $1..$n are the arguments,
if any. You can also use getopt(1)

3rd: I cannot understand your question 'bout pkg_add. Maybe you should
private mail me the question in german.

4th: I do not use packages, I build from ports. If I want to do that
efficiently, I build them once and install them several times using nfs.

Hope you'll get it run.

Jens
--
L i W W W i Jens Rehsack