On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 18:07, Dragoncrest wrote:
>       Hi all.  Got a weird one for ya.  Got a server that's using Freebsd 4.5
> and a Kingston 10/100 nic.  One problem.  I can only get it to go at half
> speed.  No matter the link, no matter what speed setting its set at, I can
> only get half of the total available speed.  Examples.
>
>       On a 740k DSL line I can only pass 360k max.  On a 10mbps lan link, I can
> only do 5mbps.  100mbps link allows me a maximum of 45mbps, sometimes 50.
>
>       Any suggestions, ideas, fixes for this?  Much apreciated.  Thanks.

You might want to post what dmesg says about the nic and the output
from:-
ifconfig <nic>
netstat -i <nic>

Transfer speeds can be affected by a host of factors, so its worth
posting as much information about the set up as possible.

Stacey

Stacey Roberts
B.Sc (HONS) Computer Science

Web: www.vickiandstacey.com