On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Duane Whitty wrote:

Jacob S wrote:

I'm running FreeBSD with a dual boot config at the moment. Windows on one drive and FreeBSD on another drive.

In past installations I've had Windows and FreeBSD sharing a drive.

What I've found convenient is that I am able to access my NTFS drives from FreeBSD (it would seen read-only however)

FreeBSD as a desktop environment is quite useable. With KDE 3.5 I'm at the point where I rarely need to boot into Windows anymore.

I can say that if you want to learn an OS FreeBSD makes it easier than many because it has so much excellent documentation. Installing FreeBSD as your desktop OS definitly forces a person to learn but as you do you will notice it is very flexible.

--Duane Whitty