Good morning...

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
A newer version of the Handbook won't necessarily have less information
relevant to your system; just more information relevant to later
versions.

I seem to remember reading a thread in freebsd-docs that discussed forking the book when things changed between versions.

I suppose the easiest way to do it would be to extract it from the docs
collection of an install disk.  You'll need a tar program for your
Windows box and a program that understands the compression scheme used
on the tarball.  The tarball is split(1) into a bunch of files for
packaging convenience, but I think the Windows "copy" command can handle
that.

Yup that worked, thanks!

ISOBuster to extract the doc directory from the 4.7-mini ISO

copy doc.* /B doc.tgz (note the /B to indicate binary was important, without it I ended up with a 20 byte .tgz file)

and then 7-Zip to extract the files I wanted.

Thanks again.

--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

  Eric Schultz
  (aka Storkman)

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/schultznet
Homepage: http://www.schultznet.ca