On 30 Jan 2006, at 18:36, Gerard Seibert wrote:

Duane Whitty wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check to see if I am using the proper etiquette
when filling in my headers, especially when responding to
someone's post.  Should I just let let my reply go to the
person named in Reply-To or should I reply to the list and CC
the poster, or is it the other way around?

It is usually considered incorrect to directly mail or CC a
response to a poster unless they specifically requested it.

The etiquette on all the FreeBSD lists has long been to reply to the list *and* the poster.

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere