I'm trying to set up the routing table to force requests to certain IP
addresses to use a particular ethernet card. I've used the route command in a
number of ways, but still can't come up with how to force to use em1 instead of
em0, with the right gateway.

em0 is aaa.bbb.ccc.207
em1 is aaa.bbb.ccc.200
Both have netmask of 255.255.255.0
em0 goes to the main port, gateway aaa.bbb.ccc.195. em1 goes to a switch, which
is aaa.bbb.ccc.196, the gateway to other ip's on the switch.

What I want to end up with is:
aaa.bbb.ccc.196    link#2    em1
aaa.bbb.ccc.209    link#2    em1

I've tried lots of combinations, using the -ifp flag to force em1, but the only
way I can get the gateway to say link#2 is to ping the ip first, whereas it
gets put in the table even though it's not found, and then doing a route
change. I need some way to put this in rc.local so that it's set up when booted.

Any ideas? Let me know if more info is needed.

TIA,
Steve