At 01:45 AM 2/19/2006, Dave wrote:
Hello,
I've got a 10 gb ide drive that has critical data on one of it's partitions /dev/ad1e. This drive was originally gmirrored in another box it worked fine, it was the master drive. Now i've installed this drive as a slave in another 6.0 box, and now it shows up as ad1 with the partition i want being ad1e. I did a mount -o ro /dev/ad1e /mnt and i'm getting an error "Incorrect superblock" from mount. I then tried fsck /dev/ad1e and got the same error msg. These partitions were formatted with ufs2 as their filesystem. I then ran bsdlabel ad1 and got a printout of my label, this showed up which gives me hope that this data can be retrieved. An error i'm getting says that the c: partition does not cover the entire disk and that may result in utilities not working. Any help appreciated.
   Some urgency!

Are you sure you don't want ad1s1e?

Also, posting the output from the following commands would go a long way in helping you figure out what to do:

fdisk /dev/ad1
bsdlabel /dev/ad1
bsdlabel /dev/ad1s1

And possibly: