Hi,
  Forgive me if this is blindingly obvious somewhere in the handbook,
but I can't find it just about now.

Which version of XFree86 is installed by default at system installation
time? Its been some time since I installed from scratch, and as I always
get the CD Sets, I have 4.7 Release to hand.

The machines I have were all initially installed (from CD) with 4.3 Rel
& 4.5 Rel, and upgraded from then onwards. I recall that XFree86-3x.x
was the default version included for those releases, but I'm wondering
if this has since changed to XFree86-4.x.

Thanks for the time.

Regards,

Stacey
--