RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> Thanks to all and i will take your advice Norberto as i do not really like
> kde that much anyway.  If i wanted window i would just install windowsxp or
> maybe vista would be more like Kde any how i digress.
>
> I am tiring to set up wdm and added this line to my /etc/ttys
>
> ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/wdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on  secure
>
> followed the instructions below found on the fulxbox site but it does not
> quite work
>
> http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php/Howto_add_fluxbox_to_wdm
>
> I get the wdm ok beasty is there, very cool backgound i might add, seen it
> used in a theme somewhere. No matter what i pick for a windows manager i get
> the stock Freebsd one wmaker i think? u know the one with the terminal and
> green menu bars very vanilla.
green menu bars  = twm
wmaker = much better, check it out @ http://www.windowmaker.org
>   An exception to this kde still works and failsafe gives me control of the
> terminal window bottom right.
>
> Also i removed a bunch of managers out of the wdm-config file as i was not
> using them like this.
>
> DisplayManager*wdmWm:           wmaker:enlightenment:gnome:kde:fluxbox
>
> I still get failsafe and wmaker where do us suppose these come from.  Kde
> still works but not enlightenment gnome or flux box

After editing the wdm-config, you need to restart wdm.
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace will kill the X server and re-read all the configs.

can you please post your wdm-config and a list of your package installed
? (or make them available online)

the relevant section in my config:
---
! It will run .xsession
!DisplayManager*wdmWm:   None
---
which means it will read .xsession in my home.
my .xsession is :

$ cat ~/.xsession
## RUNNING bbkeys from Blackbox because it feels more powerful
## to avoid conflicts with fluxbox's key mgr, I emptied .fluxbox/keys
bbkeys &
xscreensaver -no-splash &
fbpager -w &
#wmwifi &
sleep 1 && gkrellm -w &
#fbdesk &
torsmo &
tilda &
skype &
gaim &
fluxbox
---

though I realise that I should be simply running startfluxbox and adding
all the other cmds to ~/.fluxbox/startup

HIH,
beto