Alex de Kruijff wrote:
On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 11:23:56AM +0100, Matias Surdi wrote:
Hi, Linux-user, FreeBSD-newbie posting here.

I've a recent installation of FreeBSD, and when I do

# shutdown now

It starts the shutdown process but it hangs promting for the shell path.

I think that this could be something related to the order in which partitions are unmounted.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Check if there is a new bios for you PC. I had this to with one of my
boxes. ACPI (thats what shuts you computer down) didn't work ride. I
needed to update my bios.

Hey,

Try shutdown -p now.

-Christian

--
| Christian Reiss
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |    PGP-Key ID   |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |     02FF71B2    |   /"\  ASCII Ribbon
|  Public Key: http://demonlord.de/pgp.txt      |   \ /    Campaign
|  Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |    X   against HTML
|                                               |   / \   in eMails
|  "Don't give up. Lose interest."              |