Luis Thillet wrote:

Dear Developers:

I have been trying (FOR A LONGTIME) to download a FreeBSD Unix OS (i.e. 5.4, 6.0-RELEASE iso.i386). But it has never worked. I was wondering if your company/team/crew have disabled it.
If no then how can I go about doing that.

Thank You...

Many weeks ago I succeeded in downloading 6.0. But if you don't have broadband it's nearly hopeless. When I first learned of FreeBSD - years ago - I tried downloading the ISO disks by modem. I would start a download at bedtime but it never worked for me. I had to do it with just the boot floppies and let the rest of the distribution packages download as they installed. I had a lot of restarts to get the whole thing.

But even if you've got broadband it will probably take a while. I don't know if there are traffic shapers installed on the server or if it always fairly busy but you are likely to get an average speed lower than your broadband max speed.