Hello,

I want to backup certain parts of my system regularly, so I made a directory
which reflects the filesystem:

backup/
        etc/ -> link to /etc
        usr/
                home/
                        me/
                                somefile -> link to some specific file in my
home directory
                                public_html/
                                        various_links_to/ ->
                                        directories_which/ ->
                                        really_exist_in_my/ ->
                                        public_html/ ->

Basically it's a collection of symlinks to stuff I want backed up. Then I run

tar -cLvy -f /usr/home/me/backup/backup.tar.bz2 /usr/home/me/backup/source/

When source/usr/home/me/public_html is empty then it runs fine. But when I put
any links in, tar dies with a segmentation fault.

Has anyone got any ideas why?

Thanks,
Ben