All are Dell Poweredge servers with identical specification.

I did check the message logs an couldn't find any problem

What are the other aspects which I need to check so as to find a solution.

On 2/23/06, Jerry McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > That was valuable in deed ....
> >
> > The 12 server are all identical but the problem is that the test machine
> > which we will be using is not of the same class as that of the server.
> >
> > Then all the server run a custom built kernel and not the generic one.
> >
> > By "mode" I meant how to go about doing this process. Is it better to go
> the
> > cvs way or the binary way ?
> >
> > Currently we have not yet thought of freebsd 6.0, we are thinking of
> making
> > the servers bit more stable with the stable version....
>
> See, this is a misunderstanding of the way the word 'stable' is being
> used in regards to the FreeBSD versions.   It is stable only in relation
> to the 'current' development track which is in almost complete flux as
> people work on it daily.   But in comparrison to the RELEASE verion
> a STABLE version is not as "stable" (though it is usually pretty good).
> It is sort of an interim version with security patches and some of the
> new things that are being worked on.
>
> > We came to this conclusion because our servers do have a problem were
> the
> > server gets rebooted automatically with put any reason ( I couldn't get
> any
> > from the logs )
>
> This is probably not related to the OS level at all.  It is most likely
> some hardware or power stability issue, but could be some software
> thing if storage space or memory table space or some such is running out.
>
> > This issue is there with all the servers but the one server suffers the
> most
> > ( having a real bad uptime which is max of 2 days )
>
> Any possibility you have something going that has a "memory leak"?
>
> ////jerry
>

> > I hope to get more data on the same so that the transition is done
> smoothly

Jayesh Jayan

"The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux."

Visit my homepage @ http://www.jayeshjayan.com