Hi
  I am new to this list and new to freebsd also. I have  a Freebsd server
set up with apache and qmail on it, with an ADSL connection to the
internet.  Most of the time the server works fine but it is not available
early mornings and weekends. The machine is physically at my workplace and
has a static IP mapped to it by a Service provider. When I say not available
I am unable to ping it from home and a tracert also fails. When it started
happening I went to my work place to see if the server was down, But it has
always been up and running.  Also even if the server is not rebooted the
machine becomes accessible after some time. Thinking it to be a network
problem I have complained to the ISP but they are unable to provide any
solution.

Is it possible that a freebsd machine sleeps after being idle for some time?
Early mornings and weekends is the time when no one is in office that's why
am asking. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I ab unable to figure out the
cause so though I  should give it a try on this list.

Thanks
Gargi