-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of The Happy
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:46 AM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Is it hack? How to prevent!

Hello everyone,

    I'm on freebsd 4.8R acting as a webserver and email server, I keep
getting
    In my /var/log/messages a strange 3 type of messages,

1)
   mysqld[8541]: error: /etc/hosts.allow, line 212: twist option in
resident
process
   last message repeated 73 times

2)
  inetd[50977]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 25: host name/address
mismatch: 208.34.235.251 !=
  mail.nrms.org

3)
  sshd[40712]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 25: can't verify
hostname:
getaddrinfo(na-163-
  219.na.avantel.net.mx, AF_INET) failed
  (I keep getting differnt host everytime)

  about messages 2 and 3 i think its some hacks attempts How i can
preven
this type of
  access? unmatched IPs?

  what about messages number 1? what doest mean is it hack attempt?

  My logs are full of these messages, please help
  Note line 25 in /etc/hosts.allow is ALL : .temma.net : deny and has
nothing to do with these logs
  its just the first rule in the file.

  Thank you in advance.

  Marwan