I inherited a production FreeBSD 5.4 used as a web/mail server (Apache, PostgreSQL, php, qmail, vpopmail, Courier). Could anybody help me with information about a web resource on upgrading such system (all, OS only or component by component) with minimum downtime. I looked into cvsup and portupgrade - is this the right way for production systems or is there another one? For example is it possible to have the older version running until the new one downloads/compiles and then to replace it within seconds? Also - what if the new version does not work correctly - is it possible to keep the old and revert to it.

Thank you,
Iv