2. Google for known issues for your motherboard and your
other hardware
It seems that even though the Sil 3112 SATA (on board) controller on my motherboard uses is supposed to be supported by FreeBSD, that is very blotchy. I guess thats what it is, so does this mean I just have to wait for a newer version of FreeBSD and hope it gains better support for it? Or is there any other way to workaround it?

I tried all the other suggestions and still have the same problem.

Thanks, Jordan