Tillman Hodgson wrote:

It's very likely a name resolution problem:

It was in fact. I caught myself out with a very obscure DNS misconfiguration. One host had a different resolv.conf where primary and secondary DNS were reversed. Then I also had an errant zone file that was preventing zone transfers. I was reverse resolving the new g3 host as the old g2 host as a result. It was the situation you cited.

I checked and double checked DNS resolution forward and backward and everything was perfect... on that one host. Grrr!

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells