I have followed every howto i can find on getting printing to work with cups. i finally gave up and plugged the printer into my windows machine and shared it there. now, my wife's Linspire machine can see it and print fine (Linspire uses kde 3.4, cups, samba share). Now my fresh new bsd 6 machine can't see the same smb share. I go add printer, SMB Shared Printer, put in the user administrator and password, click on the refresh to see all the workgroups, workgroup shows fine, open the windows server workgroup and no server. i go to a command prompt and do a smbclient -U bla -L server and i see a list of all shares, including the hidden ones and the printer i wish to print to. If i type the information in manually, then it adds the printer to cups but shows the status as stopped.

I have tried every combination of this i can think of, nothing seems to work. you guys have any ideas?