At 03:53 PM 3/1/2006, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
I'm looking for something 'cheap' that I can plug into a SCSI controller on my desktop machine that will allow me to house multiple SATA drives in it ... I don't need a lot of fancy features on it, and performance isn't a big issue ... Anything anyone out there using that they'd recommend, or know of manufacturers that do this?

SCSI and SATA are two completely different animals, with their own controllers and cabling; although SATA has some features and performance that used to come only with SCSI.

I think Adaptec makes an external drive unit that takes hot-swappable drives of both sorts in any slot. But being Adaptec, I'm pretty sure it won't meet your "cheap" criteria!

  -Wayne