On my test system  I'm defaulting to "cups"; printing on any
        flavor of *nix has always been painful ... which is why I
        stick with plain ol' lpr::: it Just-Works{tm}.  So on my
        printserver and everywhere else I have lpr/lpd going.

        Under Gnome on my test platform I've tried to get things to
        print via my printsrver.  I see that Gnome thinks things are
        printing.  Not.  Do any of you print wizards know what I'm
        missing?

        thanks for any clues,

        gary

        PS:  5 gold stars for anybody who can 'splain why cups exists.

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix