Lawrence Petrykanyn wrote:

Hi!

I am a newbie trying to compile the program JACK that is
required for the midi sequencer Rosegarden.  This program
(JACK) is not available through the ports collection and is
intended for a Linux system.  I am running FreeBSD 5.4 with
linux compatibility supported.  Below is is the readme file for
JACK and I have chosen to follow the second option.  I have
created the /mnt/ramfs directory and edited my /etc/stab file
as directed.  What I don't understand is the last instruction
of the second option listed below, the line that says,

"add --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs to the JACK configure
line when you build it".

I tried "make --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs" and received
a message informing me that this is not correct Make syntax.

Am I supposed to edit the config file(s) that accompany the
source code?  If so, which one(s), config.h.in, configure,
configure.ac or one of the files in the config directory of
this package?

This is probably a very simple matter, but I have googled
around and cannot find an answer.  Any comments,
suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lawrence

Just a wild guess; is it bad English?  Have you tried
this string when doing "configure" instead of "make"?
Perhaps that is what is meant.

           ./configure --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs

HTH, but not holding my breath,

Kevin Kinsey

--
Fanaticism consists of redoubling your effort when you have
forgotten your aim.