--On March 14, 2006 4:32:23 PM -0700 "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:55:07 -0500
Bill Moran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Have you looked at Sylpheed?  I don't know how closely it will match
the behaviour that you're used to, but it talks nicely to every IMAP
server I've ever seen, and it turns the folders with new messages
red.

The problem is, I have about 250 folders.  Scrolling through them
is a PITA, so I'd like to have the same, or similar, functionality
that I had with Mulberry.

Mulberry has a favorites folder, called "New Messages", that only
displays folders with new mail in them.

Kind of like the idea of a dynamic "smart folder" where the criterion  is
other folders with new mail?

Exactly. Instead of copying new mail to a Favorites folder or displaying *all* Favorites folders, this folder only displays a folder if there's new mail in it.

Do you have a MUA in mind?

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas