It sounds like the tcp stack is not even running.  What does:
ifconfig -a

show?  Do you have any valid IP address on this computer?

        -Derek

At 02:37 PM 3/15/2006, eoghan wrote:
Derek Ragona wrote:
> Well, your resolv.conf points to 192.168.1.1, what is at that address?
> Do you have any other DNS issues?
>
> Can you ping localhost, or 127.0.0.1?
>
> Is named running?
>
>         -Derek

Hi
192.168.1.1 is my router address.
How can i check if named is running?
There is no reference to named_enable in my rc.conf
When i try ping 127.0.0.1 i get:
ping: sendto: Can't assign requested address
Thanks