On Mar 15, 2006, at 1:11 AM, Ariff Abdullah wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:56:24 -0500
"Anthony M. Agelastos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am running a 6-STABLE machine that I updated several days ago.
When   the aureal-kmod port is shut down, it tells me about a memory
leak   (see below). Being paranoid, I removed aureal-kmod from my
system,   reinstalled the OS, and then installed aureal-kmod and the
problem   persists. Any ideas?

dell# ./aureal.sh stop
pcm0: detached
Warning: memory type PCMaucore leaked memory on destroy (3
allocations, 144 byte
s leaked).
aureal-kmod

%uname -a
FreeBSD dell.home.iq 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0: Mon
Mar 13 07:44:55 EST 2006     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/

IQKERNEL  i386

So.. does it cause anything bad *especially during runtime* ?

It appears to work normally. I have no idea if it is leaking memory while in use, nor do I even know how to monitor that. Does anyone have any pointers for this, or any ideas as to what could be causing this? Could it be due to the 6.0 -> 6.1 upgrade? Does anyone out there have this working with their 6.0-STABLE that is in 6.1-PRERELEASE?

Thanks again for all of your help.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD