From: Roman Neuhauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-12-26 10:42:13 -0500:
> A month or so ago I was trying to get Chuck's smiling
> face on my machine during boot up.  I followed the
> instructions in man splash, but no dice.  Same old
> probing screen.
>
> Does this even work?  I tried doing it a year or so
> ago and couldn't get it working then.  I recently
> re-installed FreeBSD (new, bigger HDD!) and was going
> to try it again, but I don't want to spend time on it
> if (for example) it simply doesn't work.

    I used pretty splash screens at two points in the past on different
    hardware without any problems I could remember. Could you show us
    your configuration?
Unfortunately, I can't give the exact config, because I didn't bother to
save it when I reinstalled (since it wasn't working anyway).
I tried following the man page to the letter, so I'll try it again here
and document my exact steps.
However, your reply is already a large portion of the answer I was
looking for: that it does work if done correctly, and therefore it's
worth me trying again.

Thanks,
Bill