Your problem is in the name resolution for your domain. Check your hosts file, sendmail typically checks hosts before DNS.

        -Derek

At 04:55 AM 3/20/2006, Ming Tang wrote:
Hi - there,

I got an email problem. My server can only receive email but cannot send any
email out after I changed my server configuration recently from NAT to a
D-Link router (DI-624) which supports and passes through all virtual servers
to an internal server. I always get the attached error message as soon as I
send a mail out from a pop-client, MS Outlook. I think the message was
generate by my own email server. I can send out email no problem if I chose
from other email servers.

My domain name server was configured as follows:

Ns1.domain.com is my name server, email server, and web server.

domain.com.     in A 12.208.99.9
                in MX 5 ns1.domain.com.

I configured email files 'access' and 'local-host-names' files for sendmail
as follows.

domainname.com  RELAY                           for access
domainname.com                                  for local-host-name

And mapped in 'virtusertable' as:   @domainname.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]

These files were compiled and mail server restarted, but the problem still
there.

Any one there got any idea or experienced the same problems. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Ming Tang