Try to add

device          acpi
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface

into your kernel configuration...

Any more diffrances i don't see...
See my kernel, if it will help you ...

On Friday 27 December 2002 05:01, you wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Sergey V. Golitzyn wrote:
> > On Friday 27 December 2002 02:44, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > > I'm having a difficult time getting any USB devices to work under
> > > -CURRENT with a VIA UHCI controller.
> > >
> > > uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd400-0xd41f irq 5 at device
> > > 7.2 on pci0 usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
> > > usb0: USB revision 1.0
> > > uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> > > uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> > > uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
> > > uhub0: port error, giving up port 1
> > > ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
> > > ums0: 7 buttons and Z dir.
> > > uhub0: port error, restarting port 2
> > > uhub0: port error, giving up port 2
> > > uhub1: Texas Instruments TUSB2046 hub, class 9/0, rev 1.10/1.25, addr 3
> > > uhub1: 4 ports with 4 removable, self powered
> > > ugen0: Logitech product 0xc207, rev 1.00/1.04, addr 4
> > > ugen0: setting configuration index 0 failed
> > > device_probe_and_attach: ugen0 attach returned 6
> > > uhci1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd800-0xd81f irq 5 at device
> > > 7.3 on pci0 usb1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci1
> > > usb1: USB revision 1.0
> > > uhub2: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> > > uhub2: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> > > uhub2: port error, restarting port 1
> > > uhub2: port error, giving up port 1
> > > uhub2: port error, restarting port 2
> > > uhub2: port error, giving up port 2
> > >
> > > The above is from dmesg...  As you can see, it detects the UHCI
> > > controller, and sees the various devices (Logitech joystick: ugen0,
> > > Logitech mouse: ums0) but they're completely unusable.  I'm *assuming*
> > > it has something to do with the "port error" messages, but I'm not sure
> > > how to fix this.
> > >
> > > So, I guess the real question is, where should I be asking about this?
> >
> > As You Can see bellow, I have the same VIA USB and Logitech USB mouse,
> > but it's fine working from September, but I Have Another problem, my TV
> > Tuner Playung Audio, but don't show picture when i use "fxtv"... %-))
> > As a result I Have TV Radio.... :-))))
> >
> > Try to Attach You Kernel Configuration and Preloaded modules? may be you
> > forgot load USB module............
>
> USB is compiled directly into the kernel, as you can see from the
> configuration file I've attached.
>
> Adam
#
# GENERIC -- Generic kernel configuration file for FreeBSD/i386
#
# For more information on this file, please read the handbook section on
# Kernel Configuration Files:
#
#    http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-config.html
#
# The handbook is also available locally in /usr/share/doc/handbook
# if you've installed the doc distribution, otherwise always see the
# FreeBSD World Wide Web server (http://www.FreeBSD.org/) for the
# latest information.
#
# An exhaustive list of options and more detailed explanations of the
# device lines is also present in the ../../conf/NOTES and NOTES files.
# If you are in doubt as to the purpose or necessity of a line, check first
# in NOTES.
#
# $FreeBSD: src/sys/i386/conf/HIHIHAHA,v 1.369 2002/10/19 16:54:07 rwatson Exp $

machine         i386
cpu             I486_CPU
cpu             I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           HIHIHAHA
maxusers        64

#To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints
#hints          "GENERIC.hints"         #Default places to look for devices.

#makeoptions    DEBUG=-g                #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
#options        INET6                   #IPv6 communications protocols
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 #Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             #Improve performance on big directories
options         MD_ROOT                 #MD is a potential root device
#options        NFSCLIENT               #Network Filesystem Client
#options        NFSSERVER               #Network Filesystem Server
#options        NFS_ROOT                #NFS usable as root device, requires NFSCLIENT
options         CPU_ENABLE_SSE

options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                #Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         #Compatible with FreeBSD4
#options        SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  #ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options         AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
options         COMPAT_AOUT
options         PECOFF_SUPPORT
#options                USER_LDT

# Debugging for use in -current
#options        DDB                     #Enable the kernel debugger
#options        INVARIANTS              #Enable calls of extra sanity checking
#options        INVARIANT_SUPPORT       #Extra sanity checks of internal structures,
required by INVARIANTS
#options        WITNESS                 #Enable checks to detect deadlocks and cycles
#options        WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        #Don't run witness on spinlocks for speed

device          gzip
device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci

# Floppy drives
device          fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          vga             # VGA video card driver

device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc

# Enable this for the pcvt (VT220 compatible) console driver
#device         vt
#options        XSERVER                 # support for X server on a vt console
#options        FAT_CURSOR              # start with block cursor

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device          npx

device          acpi

# Power management support (see NOTES for more options)
device          apm
device          apm_saver
#device         smb
#device         smbus
#device         iicsmb
#device         iicbus
#device         iicbb
#device         viapm
#device         nfpm

# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device          pmtimer

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

# Parallel port
device          ppc
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer
device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device
#device         vpo             # Requires scbus and da

# Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocate.
device          random          # Entropy device
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          sl              # Kernel SLIP
device          ppp             # Kernel PPP
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          md              # Memory "disks"
device          gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

options         PPP_BSDCOMP
options         PPP_DEFLATE
options         PPP_FILTER
options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPDIVERT
options         IPFILTER
options         IPFILTER_LOG
#options        IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK
options         IPSTEALTH
options         TCP_DROP_SYNFIN
options         DUMMYNET
options         BRIDGE

# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
#device         udbp            # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ums             # Mouse