Daniel A. wrote:

On 3/23/06, Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey Guys,

Can anybody point me to some good resources on mingrating from Linux to
FreeBSD?
Since the threads issue which would have had detrimental effects on MySQL on
FreeBSD has been sorted out with FreeBSD 5 we are looking at the possibility
of migrating from RHEL to FreeBSD for our web services.
Does anybody have any links to some good resources on migration from Linux
to FreeBSD, I know google is my friend but I was hoping that some folks on
here might have an idea of 'best of' that I can use for presenting the
case...

Thanks,
Wayne

It really depends.
If your setup is exotic and complex, I dont think you will ever be
able to find a guide. On the other hand, if your setup is simple (eg,
PHP+Apache+MySQL, not clustered) then the migration is so simple, you
wont even need a guide.

Your best bet is to set up a box with FreeBSD, configure it to your
liking, install the software you need, and just simply copy over the
configuration files, database files and user files over to the FreeBSD
box.

Here is a resource

http://www.freebsdonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=46

with all needed packages to run under your webserver CMS software like Mambo or Joomla.

If you use other version than 5.4, the packages versions might differ, but you can find the correct version by ftping to freebsd.org