Hmm, definitely useful, but not quite what I'm looking for.

At 01:40 PM 3/26/2006 -0500, Chris Hill wrote:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Steven Lake wrote:

Hi all. Ok, I'm having a total brain fart today. I've got a few apps that won't run and I need to find out the list of dependencies and what they're missing. But I can't remember for the life of me what the command I need is to view that list. I remember using it once where it would list the dependencies and tell either where they existed, or if they didn't exist, what the missing file was. Anyone remember that command? Thanks.

I use pkg_info -Rr <pkg_name>, where <pkg_name> is the exact name of the package. The -Rr options will tell you what the package depends on, and what depends on the package. To find the exact package name, I do (for example) pkg_info | grep firefox, which returns:
 firefox-1.5.0.1_1,1 Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
...and the I know to do pkg_info -Rr firefox-1.5.0.1_1,1

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]