I just added a 320-gig Western Digital external hard disk drive to
my amd64 RELENG_6 system (as /dev/da0).  The OEM docs recommend
connecting both the USB *and* the firewire cables for optimal
performance, which I've done.

What I'm wondering is: how does FreeBSD deal with such a setup?  Does it
favor one connection over the other, or does it actually use both?  It
seems I'm getting firewire throughput on the device (at bootup dmesg
reports 50 MB/s transfer rate, rather than the slower 12 MB/s USB
rate).

The device is working just fine, but I'm just curious about this, if
anyone has any clues.

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- "In Unix veritas"