> I have a number of servers that are reaching end of life.
> They are over 7 years old and I can no longer find IDE drives
> that work with the slower controllers they have.  These are
> all towers and use ASUS motherboards.  Those were quite cheap
> at the time and the boards have worked very well over the
> years.  However, I am now hearing rumers that ASUS
> motherboards are no longer the best quality and probably
> should be avoided.  Don't need much on the machines, but do
> have to have 2 NICs and a SCSI controller on each.  What are
> good, rock solid, motherboards with FreeBSD 6.0?

I can't speak for FBSD 6 best motherboard, however, regarding ASUS their
quality is not as good as it used to be. I deal with number of computer
suppliers and we're beginning to see more common ASUS motherboard problems. In
the entry level market if you're going to use Intel CPU maybe it is best to
stick with Intel boards (they are not flexible, but quality wise pretty good).
If in AMD, I see NForce chipsets most popular.

Tamouh